Thursday, July 30, 2009

screening Fresh, the movie

I found out from Kathryn Russell that at the award ceremony in Portland, Joel Salatin will be giving me a signed copy of Fresh, the movie. I know it is a bit premature (I haven't gotten it yet!) but I have already reserved a stage and kitchen at the Sutherlin Community Center for a screening September 19th at 7:15 pm. Now I'm just working out the details. Seems there are room fees, insurance, licensing fees... I talked to Lily at Think Local Umpqua and they will help. Oregon Consumers and Farmers Association will help. And of course, I'm going to NEGOTIATE as much as I can. However, it looks like the FREE showing I wanted to have will be impossible. Instead, I will probably charge $3 admission, with all proceeds going to OCFA, which would please Joel. The admission will include refreshments. As I find out more, I will post more, but I am so excited I couldn't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home