Wednesday, August 5, 2009

blogs about nourishing communities

This first blog also shows what I left behind when I moved. Yes, I had tears in my eyes as I got to the last couple sentences of my comment.

http://hartkeisonline.com/2009/08/03/journey-to-the-center-of-safe-food-earth/comment-page-1/#comment-3756

Think Local Umpqua out of Roseburg is working hard to help people understand why they should care about the local economy, including local food. And I am, also. But I feel lonely, sometimes.

However, seeing Wardeh Harmon of GNOWFGLINS weekly perks me up, even if she didn't buy from my store. She also is a regular with some of my store's farms, caring enough about feeding her family the freshest and most natural foods to make three or four stops in a single day rather than go to the local Priceless grocery and settle for five week old factory farm eggs and vegetables that were grown in chemicals, picked green and ripened with ethylene gas. Since learning about the teachings of Weston A Price, she has blogged about her family's experiments with making goat cheese, soaked grain breads and other traditional foods. Wardeh's developed a loyal following and sometimes the comments are as good as the posts. See her blog here:
http://gnowfglins.com/

1 Comments:

Anonymous Wardeh @ GNOWFGLINS said...

Larisa, wow! How wonderful to see myself through your eyes! :) Thanks for the sweet words of praise. For us, we have gotten used to bouncing around - we like the people and the products - and the feeling when we come home with it all or sit down to eat, that we know where most of our food originated and we know the people who grew it. I really want to see your store succeed because our community needs a place to go where they can trust all the food. Thank you for working so hard to provide that.

August 6, 2009 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home