Monday, September 14, 2009

natural treatment for alcoholism

I don't drink, but was married unhappily to someone who drank a LOT.  I wish I knew then what I know now about nutritional deficiencies and alcoholism.

Many alcoholics have blood sugar issues (tending to be hypoglycemic) and absorption issues (lack of B vitamins make it harder for enzymes to digest food so one can get the vitamins, which make it harder for the enzymes... a vicious circle).  I read three different doctors from a generation or two ago recommend B complex INJECTIONS.  The book I am reading now is Feed Yourself Right by Lendon Smith and I highly recommend it.  Smith recommends adding vitamin C to the injection, also.  The other books were Your Body is Your Best Doctor by Page and Abrams and another I can't remember because I am at my store instead of in front of my bookcase!  Curiously, I remember his face well from the photo in the back of the book.  The alcohol/B vitamin relation is also mentioned in Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon Morell and in Eat Right or Die Young by Cass Ingram. 

If three doctors practicing from the 40s through the 70s knew that alcoholism could be treated and eventually cured with simple nutritional support, why is this knowledge not commonplace now?  So many lives could have been improved or saved!  If you know someone with alcohol issues, please pass this knowledge on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home